Tamales are much loved Mexican dish and beef tamales are arguably the best tamales out there. In this beef tamales recipe, you’ll learn the basics of how to make beef tamales – from choosing the right beef, to preparing the masa dough, to steaming and baking the tamales. You’ll also get tips on how to make them perfectly every time, resulting in an authentic and delicious beef tamales recipe! So put on your baking baking gloves and let’s get started!
Beef Tamales Recipe – The Basics
Everyone loves tamales – and beef tamales are no exception! These festive tamales are sure to be a hit at your next party or potluck. They’re easy to make, and the flavor of the beef should be the star of the show. Use lean ground beef and corn tortillas to get the best results. Some tips for making the best beef tamales include using fresh and full-flavored spices, and baking them in an oven at a low temperature for a longer time. Serve them topped with shredded cheese, diced onion, and chopped cilantro for the perfect tamale experience!
1 1/2 cups lean ground beef
1 large onion, diced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups corn tortillas, warmed (can be microwaved)
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 cups chicken broth, divided
6 garlic cloves, minced
3 fresh jalapeños, seeded and minced (optional)
8 ounces cream cheese, cut into small cubes (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, oregano, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. mix well and set aside.
- Place corn tortillas onto an ungreased baking sheet and heat in the microwave for about 20 seconds, until soft.
- To assemble the tamales, first spread a layer of beef mixture in the baking dish. Top with one or two warm tortillas. Spread cream cheese cubes over top and sprinkle with cilantro. Repeat layering one more time.
- Pour 3 cups of chicken broth over tamales and bake for 30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly. Garnish with jalapeños, if desired. Serve immediately.
Result – Authentic and Delicious Beef Tamales Recipe!
Tamales are a Mexican dish that is loved by many. They’re simple to make and the results are always amazing. In this recipe, you’ll be getting the perfect balance of flavors and textures. The beef is cooked to perfection and paired with masa and spices to create an unbelievably delicious tamale. Not to mention, they’re perfect for any occasion. Serve them with some steaming hot corn tortillas and dipping sauce and you’ll be in for a real treat. Be sure to use the best beef you can find – the higher quality the meat, the better the tamales will taste!
Tips for Making the Best Beef Tamales
Beef tamales are a favorite in many Mexican households. These delicious tamales are made by filling masa dough with beef, tomato sauce, green pepper, and cheese. The key to making the best beef tamales is to add cilantro, onion, garlic, and chili powder to the masa dough before rolling it out. Then, fill the dough each tamale with a mixture of beef, tomato sauce, green pepper, and cheese for added flavor. Make sure your beef is fresh and properly trimmed before baking. Place the tamales on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at375 degrees F (190 degrees C)for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.